Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Day of Preschool

Today the boys had their first day of Early On Preschool. Since the boys were born prematurely ,they qualify for a program called Early On which is funded through our local school district. It is held in a school setting with the goal to provide the boys with support in any area they may be having difficulties such as; physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language, and/or social skills. The boys started last December and we all loved it. The school lasts 1 hour and is held twice a week. It is great for the boys to interact with other children.

They absolutely love school. They were so much more confident than last school year. I really notice a difference in their maturity level from June until now. They were even holding their on conversations with some of the other kids. I have very mixed emotions about their growth. I am happy because they have done so well and worked so hard to be where they are. But, I am sad because they are growing older so quickly. I swear, I feel like I just blinked my eyes and here they are 2 1/2 years old!

I have said a lot of prayers of thanks today. Today being September 11th, reminds me how lucky and blessed I am to have such an intact family. Talk about a blink of an eye, I cannot believe it has been 6 years. I remember even though thankfully, I did not know anyone affected, I was so scared that night. I became almost paranoid. Matt was working late and I kept listening for planes overhead. I fell asleep with my cell phone in my hand, as is my cell phone was my protection. Tonight I pray for all of those who lost a loved one 6 years ago in such a tragic event.

Here are some pictures. We tried so hard to get a picture of them together..no luck!
Joseph-

Dominic-

Joseph relaxing in his chair-

Dominic is just "done"-

No comments: