Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Target Shopping

Even though I was supposed to be resting today, I had to get out of the house. So we took the boys to target. Since I love shopping at Target I can easily get the boys excited about going too. All the way in the car they kept singing Target...Go Target! I know Matt must have loved this!

We bought the boys some new "Choo-Choo" shoes. I had a hard time getting them off tonight before bed! We also bought them a pair of boxer shorts just like "Daddy's". So cute!

Dominic and his new shoes-

Joseph-

The boy's home care nurse, Shelly, still comes out every 6 months to check their growth and development. Shelly is so awesome and has always been so supportive of not only the boys but also me. She weighed and measured the boys. Joseph is 34 lbs and 37 inches tall and Dominic is 30 lbs 4oz and 36.5 inches. They are both very healthy!

For all of you that do not know Dominic wears braces called AFO's (Ankle Foot Orthosis) for his toe walking. These braces help him keep his feet flat. He does great with them! He is such a trooper and never complains. He calls them his Batman shoes because they have little Batman figures all over them.

He will also be getting a Dennis Brown bar to wear at night with shoes. He has a condition called tibial torsion(which is not that uncommon). Unfortunately, most cases are diagnosed earlier. The bar will go between his feet to keep his feet pointed out. Right now his right foot has a tendency to point in when he walks. The doctor said this condition usually corrects before age four.

I will find out more tomorrow at his physical therapy appointment.

Matt is golfing tonight...the boys are in bed and I am going to enjoy the quiet and watch American Idol and maybe get the boys Birthday thank you cards addressed! I know it has been way too long!!!

No comments: