Friday, July 16, 2010

26 Weeks!!

I am 26 weeks today!!!  Another week down.  I really do not like wishing away time, but in my situation I just want to get through August!  26 weeks was my first short term goal; my next is 28 weeks.  My long term goal is 32 weeks, which is August 27th.

The boys are having another "Michigan Vacation" at my parent's house.  I miss them terribly, but it is a little relief knowing if God forbid anything happen, Matt and I could leave right away.

Joseph must be tired of seeing me in bed in my comfortable clothing.  He opened my jewelry drawer and took out my bracelet and watch and told me he thinks I should wear them tomorrow!



Here are some pregnancy highlights from this week:


How far along: 26 weeks!
Size of baby:  He measured 1 lb 15 oz on Wednesday
Movement:  He is most active in the morning and at night.  I am carrying him very low, so I feel most of the movement in the lower part of my belly.  He had the hiccups for the first time today!!
Sleep:  I sleep pretty good.  I have to take my medication at 5 am, so I have a hard time getting back to sleep.
Cravings:  Anything cold, Vernors, virgin Bloody Mary's with green olives and dill pickles (I know, VERY strange), red apples, and I still love my decaf vanilla lattes.


What I miss:  My boys being home, but I know they are having a great time at their Nan and Grandpa's house!
Best moment this week:  Seeing Baby D on the ultrasound and hearing my abruption looked better.  Joseph and Dominic praying for the baby and me.
What I am looking forward to: Another sneak peak at Baby D when I am 29 weeks.
Nursery update:  Matt painted the baby's nursery a celery green color.  I think it looks great!

Before-


Making progress:


Matt and I are so blessed to be given another week to grow Baby D. I am trying not to worry as much and to focus on one day at a time. Thank you to everyone who has made this bed rest easier!

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Joshua 1:9

2 comments:

Marji said...

That drink looks so gross!!! Too funny :) You have kept such a great attitude for you and Baby D!! Know that we are all here for you and praying with you :) Love ya.M

Laura Melcher said...

Thanks for sharing your blog -- you look great - hang in there! You are such a great mom and wife -it's your turn to accept support. Baby D is very lucky to have you and Matt and the boys:) Take care and my thoughts and prayers are with you!